Fishtown Animal Hospital provides both conventional and alternative medicine to companion animals throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region, including:
- Annual checkups. It’s important for your pet to see a vet at least once each year. We perform in-hospital physical examinations to monitor your pet’s wellness. Our head-to-tail exams include checking body weight, temperature, looking at the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair coat and skin, evaluating the heart, lungs, abdomen, and lymph nodes, as well as muscles and joints. We also perform diagnostic tests to help us uncover any changes in your pet’s health.
- Vaccinations. Protecting pets from diseases like distemper, parvovirus, and rabies, vaccinations are a critical part of your pet’s health. The rabies vaccine is required by law in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Other vaccines are recommended based on an animal’s individual lifestyle. Learn more about vaccinations.
- Acupuncture. An alternative therapy, acupuncture is known to affect all major body systems, and is used to increase circulation, release endorphins to treat pain, relieve muscle spasms, and stimulate the body’s defense systems. Acupuncture is one of the safest treatment methods when practiced by a trained acupuncturist. Session take 10-30 minutes, during which time pets often fall asleep. Learn more about acupuncture.
- Laser therapy. Used to treat a variety of conditions, laser therapy is a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free alternative treatment method. It can be used in conjunction with more conventional treatment protocols. Depending on your pet’s condition – whether your pet is rehabilitating from an injury, healing from wounds, or simply aging – relief is often evident within hours of treatment. Learn more about laser therapy.
- Food therapy. Just like medications and herbs, food influences how animals think, feel, and act. Unlike the science of nutrition, food therapy involves assessing the effect food has your pet’s body. Food therapies are most commonly applied to skin problems, digestive problems, and respiratory issues. Animals with chronic conditions may benefit from food changes.
- Medications. We utilize an online pharmacy where you can log in, order medications in one dose at a time or in bulk, set reminders for future medications, and schedule auto-shipping for medications that treat chronic conditions. Medications are delivered right to your home for your convenience.